Vintec Laboratories, Watford – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £9,100 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Laboratory Technician.
You’ll join Vinctec as an apprentice Laboratory Technician for a fixed period of 21 months.
Vintec is looking for a Trainee Laboratory Analyst to join our team in Watford, Hertfordshire. The successful candidate will join a friendly laboratory team who undertake identification of asbestos. Committed to quality and integrity, Vintec ensures employees have the time and support to provide our clients with the highest standards of work.
You’ll devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
- Analyse bulk materials for the presence of asbestos
- Book in samples for analysis
- Prepare samples for analysis
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Follow procedures and ensure the high-quality standard is met
- Keep the laboratory clean and tidy
- Conduct daily face velocity checks
- Store analysed samples in an orderly manner for easy retrieval
- Administration and general office support when required
- Maintaining impartiality and reporting any possible risks to impartiality
- Ensuring work is conducted in line with the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012, and other statutory instruments, guidance or Methods published by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- Process data in line with the GDPR and Vintec’s Data Protection Policy, including safe usage, storing and sharing of data
- Report data and cyber security concerns and breaches to line manager
Who we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail – has a keen eye for detail, identifying and acting on anomalies.
- Problem solving – considers problems from all perspectives and offers us suitable solutions. Builds on the ideas of others to encourage creative problem solving.
- Decision making – able to tell the difference between important and irrelevant information to reach a conclusion. Can make decisions independently. Believes in the decision they have made.
- Teamwork – an effective team player. Identify opportunities to support in the delivery of shared goals. Show a strong team ethic.
- Communication – an excellent written and verbal communicator capable of interacting with stakeholders internal and external to the business. Can distil complex issues into simple, understandable language.
- Proficient with basic IT software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Desire to learn and progress
- Strong communicator
- Integrity and honesty
- 3 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English
Things to consider:
- Please note, candidates living within a 1 hour commute radius of the vacancy location will be prioritised.
- Can you reliably commute to and from your place of work for the 21 months of the apprenticeship programme?
- Must be 18+ for insurance purposes
The Advanced Level Apprenticeship (Level 3 Laboratory Technician) provides individuals with a sound knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers.
The experience & qualifications gained from this apprenticeship will prove invaluable to the successful candidate.
Future prospects include (but are not limited to):
- The prospect of a full time position after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
- Progression to RSci Tech.
- The possibility of a L4+ qualification.