Totally Natural Solutions, Kent – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Where? Tonbridge, Kent
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £12,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Laboratory Technician.
You’ll join Totally Natural Solutions as an apprentice Laboratory Technician for a fixed period of 21 months.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
Key responsibilities include:
· Work safely in QC laboratory, maintaining excellent housekeeping and in accordance with Health and Safety, environment and risk management systems
· Understand and follow quality procedures to meet the requirements of quality standards within workplace
· Gain understanding of the internal and external regulatory environment for food safety in manufacturing, and comply with appropriate regulations
· Prepare for laboratory tasks using the appropriate scientific techniques, procedures, and methods
· Use of specified instrumentation and laboratory equipment, including calibration where required.
· Produce reliable, accurate data and keep accurate records of laboratory work undertaken and results.
· Perform laboratory tasks following specified methodologies, such as Standard Operating Procedures
· Demonstrate technical competence in the use of specified instrumentation and laboratory equipment, including calibration where required
· Produce reliable, accurate data and keep accurate records of undertaken laboratory work and results
· Analyse, interpret and evaluate data to identify results requiring further investigation and seek advice from supervisor
· Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and learn to recognise problems and how to apply appropriate scientific methods to identify causes and achieve solutions
· Maintain accuracy in recording data and findings and keep detailed notes when recording results
· Learn to effectively set up methods and samples for the Laboratory
· Work independently to carry out tasks
· Perform stock checks to maintain stock levels for laboratory consumables
· Data entry of results into relevant software
· Understand the needs and expectations of the customers (internal and external) with a collaborative approach
· Gain knowledge to test raw materials & finished goods in accordance with Company standards
· Establish clear communication channels with other teams within the department
Who we’re looking for:
- Presentable, with excellent communication skills with confidence to ask questions to ensure job requirements and underwriting matters are understood
- Strong IT skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to work to instruction
- High attention to detail in producing a quality output and able to maintain this when under pressure
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Totally Natural Solutions . If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship where available.