Terra Tek, Birmingham – Geotechnical Site Technician – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week plus weekend overtime where needed.
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £15,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Laboratory Technician.
You’ll devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
– Basic geotechnical testing – sample preparation to testing and processing results
– Laboratory tests cover a range of activities – determining moisture and densities of soil samples, constituent particles, strength and shear characteristics etc.
– In-situ testing involve attending clients’ development sites and performing a range of testing in the field
– Full training on all test activities will be provided
Who we’re looking for:
- A flair for maths and IT
- The ability to use your initiative
- An interest in construction, science and laboratory testing
- Proactive in identifying problems and defects
- Be willing to work outside of a pre-defined scope to help the team move through initiatives
- Committed to self-development
- Accurate and meticulous person
- Creative and innovative
- A strong team player
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including science, maths and English
- Full driving licence is required for travel to and from sites
- During the time of apprenticeship, the successful candidate will be trained and audited in various aspects of the geotechnical testing operations
- Our goal is to create a fully competent geotechnical technician, whom we could offer a full-time permanent position within the team
- There is scope to progress to different areas within the geotechnical operations and for promotions through various grades as competence and experience is gained