Saint-Gobain, Robertsbridge – Level 2 (Mineral and Construction)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Where? Robertsbridge, East Sussex
For how long? 15 months
How much? You’ll earn £14,514.60 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 2 Mineral & Construction Product Sampling & Testing Operations Technician.
PLEASE NOTE: due to site insurance, this role is only available to candidates 18+
The role is to assist with the conducting of routine sampling and testing to determine product quality, maintain the laboratory function on a day to day basis and conduct statistical analysis of the data. Interface with improvement activities and supply project teams with appropriate analysis to all work centres.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
•Assist the lab supervisor with providing data and testing resource contributing to problem solving activities ensuring effective elimination of issues, waste and risks within the plant.
Ensure safety is at the forefront of everything you do and proactively contribute to strengthen our safety culture.
• Provide assistance with quality testing to support the changing needs of the site. Ensuring that changes are tracked within our quality management systems and recorded accurately and clearly.
• Support New Product Development Projects and support trials in particular linked to plans to use 40% own mined rock in the manufacturing process.
• Support the Quality Engineer in restoring basic quality standards to the factory.
Assist with the provision of main line testing for the plant and mine products for the appropriate release of products against quality standards in accordance with the control plans.
- Direct report to the QPC Manager and work centres as appropriate ensuring that product quality is positively reported.
- Maintain the Customer complaints data base when technical supervisor is away.
- Maintain the QRS system.
- Assist in maintaining the calibration compliance of product measuring equipment.
- Support Trial activities & NPD initiatives for new products and processes and ensure the correct delivery of trial product to technical.
- Participate in continuous improvement investigations using WCM methodology.
- Use simple statistical techniques for data presentation and evaluation.
Who we’re looking for:
- Is a team player and uses good relationships with others to work collaboratively to deliver improvements.
- Is able to organise and manage their time to successfully work on multiple priorities and projects at the same time.
- Has great problem solving skills and enjoys working with data and comfortable developing process and quality procedures.
- 3 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English
Things to consider:
This is a remote site, can you get to work on time each day?
Candidate living within 1 hour of the site will be given priority.