Pafra, Basildon – Manufacturing Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
Where? Basildon, Essex
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £12,792 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Manufacturing Technician.
You’ll join Pafra as an apprentice Manufacturing Technician for a fixed period of 21 months.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Manufacturing Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
You will be responsible for:
- Understanding the key principals of production from Purchasing, Planning, Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Understanding and using various manufacturing equipment and controls.
- Manufacturing to batch sheets and sampling, if required making additions.
- Completing the relevant paperwork, with quality and process control checks.
- Control and monitor, equipment by planning effectively and efficiently to maximise production, resoling problems and contributing to continuous improvements.
- All tasks must be completed in a manner to achieve the safe, efficient and right first time of all products to the required quality and specification and quantity being proactive towards Health and Safety within the safe Systems of Work.
- Be flexible to move across departments to understand key pieces of processes, plant and equipment.
- Be involved in continuous improvement projects.
- Manufacture of product samples for customer trials.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Provide administrative assistance.
- Collecting and preparing samples.
- Following the company health and safety policies to ensure you and your colleagues well-being.
- Any other reasonable duty as required by the company
GCSE (or equivalent) C/4 in English, maths and science
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good teamworking skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good time management
- Computer literacy
- Good time keeping
- Deadline driven
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate (Word and Excel)
- Good time management and organisaiton skills
- Good problem-solver
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organised
- Hard working
- Strong work ethic
- Can-do attitude
- Able to deal well with pressure and deadlines
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Pafra. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship where available.