Open GI, Worcester – IT Technician Apprentice (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
Working for Open GI
Open GI is a leading software development company trusted by many large companies in the insurance industry. Based across the UK and Europe, their support and development services make them a diverse organisation that offers a range of IT solutions to insurance brokers, insurers and managing general agents.
What it’s like being an IT Technician
As an IT Technician apprentice, working for Open GI in Worcestershire, it’ll be your job to provide technical support to internal and external customers. Offering assistance on Open GI products and services, you’ll be investigating and resolving issues using remote diagnostic tools.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide quality support to internal & external customers
- Offer assistance on both usage and troubleshooting of Open G I Limited product range and services
- Accurate administration of internal computer system
- Understand and follow the standards and procedures used within the team
- Communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally
- Maintain the level of calls defined by team objectives
- Escalate calls according to procedures
- Investigate and resolve issues in a controlled and timely manner using remote diagnostic tools when necessary
- Support internal teams / departments with similar requirements to customers
- Provide cover for other teams within the Support Centre where necessary
So how does the apprenticeship work?
At Tiro we’re obsessed with changing lives in science and technology so we can’t wait to have you on board.
Over 18 months, you’ll devote 20% of your working hours towards a Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Open GI, who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning £12,000 a year while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Tiro and Open GI’s ultimate goal is to transform you into a fully competent IT Technician Apprentice, ideally open to accepting a full-time, permanent position within the Open GI team. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship where available.
- A passion for ICT
- GCSE with passes in Maths and English
GCSE with pass in Computing (Information Technology)
Skills and characteristics:
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining enthusiasm
- Understanding of Windows platforms
- Understanding of Linux platforms
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical colleagues / customers
- Enjoys customer contact and providing efficient service to customers
- Positive attitude towards learning new technical / non-technical skills
- Willing to ask for support from others, proactively asks how they can support others
- Genuinely respects other points of view and opinions and demonstrates sensitivity to cultural differences
What? Level 3 Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship
When? Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
How much? £12,000
How long? Fixed period of 18 months with the opportunity to stay on with Open GI permanently
How to apply
Hit ‘apply now’ below and choose the role you want from the drop-down menu.
You’ll need to let us know some information about you and attach your CV if you have one. It should only take around 5 minutes.