London Academy of Excellence, Tottenham – Information Communications Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week (term time only – 37 weeks per year)
Where? Tottenham, London
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £220 per week, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Information Communications Technician.
You’ll join LAE Tottenham as an apprentice ICT Support Technician for a fixed period of 21 months.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
- To assist all users and diagnose, resolve or escalate as required ICT and AV support issues relating to hardware, software, cloud solutions and infrastructure
- To staff the ICT support desk at key times during the school day and assist students and staff with issues relating to their Chromebook or laptop devices
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- To maintain the highest level of customer service ensuring that all users are helped efficiently and in an appropriate manner
- To assist staff with applications & cloud solutions support, such as through the development of Excel or Google Sheets
- To retain an awareness of GDPR requirements when handling or having access to confidential data
- As directed by the IT & Operations Support Manager or Business Director assist with the installation or upgrade of software and hardware and document any changes on the asset register
- Assist with the adding and removing of users, creating e-mail accounts and distribution groups and resetting user passwords
- Ensure back-ups are taking place according to the designated schedule and escalate any issues to the third-party support provider
- Maintain the asset database ensuring that assets are kept secure and are accounted for. Disposal of assets must be appropriately authorised and documented
- Ensure that a supply of consumable items such as printer cartridges and toners are maintained and reordered as required
Who we’re looking for:
- Good working knowledge of ICT hardware and software including mobile devices and various operating systems and software packages including Microsoft Windows and Office
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative
- Ability to plan and prioritise work load without supervision
- Ability to prioritise, manage and perform under pressure
- Excellent, practical knowledge of customer service best practice
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm
GCSE (or equivalent) in maths and English at grade C/4 or above.
Level 2/3 qualification in an ICT-related field would be advantageous
After successful completion of the apprenticeship, the apprentice will gain access to the Register of IT Technician and the possibility of a L4+ qualification.
Things to consider
Please note: this vacancy is term time only (37 weeks per year)