Occupational Management Consultants Ltd, Huddersfield – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
Where? Leeds Road, Huddersfield HD2 1YJ
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £15k a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Laboratory Technician.
Occupational Management Consultants is a small multi disciplined UKAS accredited laboratory specialising in Asbestos surveying, air monitoring, 4 stage clearance testing, bulk analysis and general asbestos management. They are looking for individuals to join their team to train and qualify as an asbestos analyst P403 and ultimately qualify in all asbestos P’Certs.
They are looking to employ individuals who want a career in asbestos management. This includes working closely with their team carrying out a degree of both onsite and lab based analytical works, liaising with both asbestos contractors and clients on a regular basis, working both home and away.
In the course of this you will be trained, both on site and in the lab to achieve the P403 qualification, enabling you to carry out airborne sampling and fibre counting. A further development of this would be achieving your P404 qualification in 4 stage clearance testing.
To further your career development Occupational Management Consultants will offer further training, through assisting and on-site learning, the opportunity to take the P402 in surveying.
Please note: Site visit locations are nationwide – typically this work will be conducted in pairs, so travel is shared – some overnight stays required, depending on travel time. Applicants must be 18+ for insurance purposes.
Who we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail – has a keen eye for detail, identifying and acting on anomalies.
- Problem solving – considers problems from all perspectives and offers us suitable solutions. Builds on the ideas of others to encourage creative problem solving.
- Decision making – able to tell the difference between important and irrelevant information to reach a conclusion. Can make decisions independently. Believes in the decision they have made.
- Teamwork – an effective team player. Identify opportunities to support in the delivery of shared goals. Show a strong team ethic.
- Communication – an excellent written and verbal communicator capable of interacting with stakeholders internal and external to the business. Can distil complex issues into simple, understandable language.
- Proficient with basic IT software e.g. Microsoft Office
- Have an open mind to change
- C/4 or equivalent in GCSE Maths and English
- A GCSE in science would be advantageous
- Full driving license (gets works van after gaining P – Cert)
In choosing an apprenticeship with Occupational Management Consultants, they will encourage and work with you to further your development in taking all remaining asbestos P’Certs and with the ultimate aim of all asbestos consultants, the certificate of competence in asbestos. Upon achieving your P403 and P404 along with the success completion of your apprenticeship, Occupational Management Consultants would be happy to talk about full time employment.