IT Digital Skills Senior Tutor
Reporting to: Training Manager
To change the world through science and technology apprenticeships.
Salary: Competitive starting salary £35000+ dependent on experience and type of employment contract – to be discussed at application.
|17/03/2021 – 18/03/2021||Virtual Assessment centre|
At Youthforce, we believe the world is being transformed by businesses working with science and technology. We work with employers across the UK economy to develop the staff needed to transform the world. Our mission is to develop a world class Science and Technology Workforce through apprenticeships. We are a fast-growing independent provider and are passionate about apprenticeships.
As a Senior STEM Tutor specialising in Digital Skills, your role will be pivotal in supporting the development and maintaining the quality of the Youthforce training provision.
You will be a key leader in a dynamic and developing team of Practice Tutors and Knowledge Tutors, providing a consistent voice and professional advice – as well as delivering non-specialist course content as required. You will be working with employees in industry, this will include working in a variety of environments to support the delivery of Technical Apprenticeships. Passionate about the mission of Youthforce, you are looking for a role which offers great variety and challenge.
About the role
Working closely with the Training Manager, and in conjunction with the academic, compliance and quality teams. You will be an exceptional trainer who is happy both in a hands-on delivery capacity, and also in a quality assurance role. You will have substantial experience of delivering and quality assuring apprenticeships and qualifications. You will have an expertise in digital skills-based subjects and ideally you will have come from a related industry background.
Your attention to detail, general rigor in everything that you undertake will be matched with high levels of organisation and planning. You will also possess a drive to communicate with clarity and simplicity in way that promotes good teamwork.
You will be pivotal in realising our vision to deliver a 21st Century workforce that can compete globally through work-based learning. You will be our ‘Northern Star’, an expert who guides our digital skills programmes.
As a Senior Tutor you will be leading the way in the IT Digital provision. Your role is to ensure the quality and consistency of the digital skills training provision at Youthforce. This includes everything from Apprenticeship Standards to individual qualifications including advanced and higher qualification pathways. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing dynamic training programmes that stretch and challenge learners using the latest technology and teaching methods.
In addition to developing programmes, quality assuring and supporting trainers with delivery and assessment, you will also carry a caseload of learners where you will lead by example.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure that lines of communication are consistently effective and efficient.
- Work with all internal and external stakeholders to develop and record programme delivery plans which support the provision of coherent and high-quality delivery – and in so doing ensure that Youthforce meets all relevant funding requirements – including those relating to off-the-job training and OFSTED.
- Lead on the development of training and assessment materials that make use of technology and on online resources in line with all and any updated apprenticeship standard requirements.
- Effectively utilise e-resources in the quality assurance, assessment and tracking of learner progress.
- Take ownership of your learners’ journey – managing the programme of learning, accurately completing records, setting dates and deadlines, giving high quality feedback within 10 days. Also pick up on any SEND or support needs the learners may have.
- Ensure the delivery of Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, Functional Skills Maths, English and IAG to with your learners and the programmes as a whole are “learner-centric” and consistently of a high standard.
- Support the development of soft-skills and behaviours to ensure that learners can meet industry and employer requirements as well as the needs of end-point-assessment.
- Comply with awarding organisation and end point assessment requirements and Youthforce Policies & procedures.
- Lead on all digital skills based external quality assurance visits with the support of the training manager.
- Lead and monitor internal quality assurance processes across all digital programmes.
- Lead and report on regular standardisation meetings and CPD events with the support of the training manager.
- Contribute to, where required, any team training or tutor review meetings.
- Assist in the evaluation of peers through Direct Observations of Quality of delivery – contributing to staff development and continuous Professional Development Plans
- Lead and monitor the development and quality of the content creation by ensuring all members of the tutor team are working to milestones as agreed with the training manager, intervening where required.
- Support new members of the tutor team in realising their potential and becoming an exceptional trainer.
- Participate in the completion of the Youthforce SAR and QIP
- Lead on the quality and monitoring of EPA’s to include liaising with EPAO’s to ensure an effective EPA provision.
- Demonstrable experience of effective communication between multiple stakeholders
- Assessor and Internal Quality Assurance qualifications
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills – able to balance and deliver a diverse and changing workload to deadline and quality targets.
- Enthusiastic, driven, ambitious and with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Relevant industry experience in a related subject area
- Relevant subject qualifications to a minimum of level 4
- Driving license and be willing to travel nationally.
- Ability to manage your own time working within a flexible working policy.
- Thorough understanding of the lifecycle journey of a learner within an apprenticeship programme – from the employer, employee, and provider perspective
- Teaching qualification or the willingness to achieve
- Subject relevant degree level qualification or the willingness to achieve.
Attributes and behaviours:
- An ability to work with a diverse array of customers and stakeholders.
- A willingness to learn with a growth mindset.
- Approachable, professional, and honest.
- High-level communicator.
- Organised and professional
- Flexible, robust, and resilient.