Harris City Academy, Crystal Palace, London – Business Administration Apprentice (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
Working at Harris City Academy
Harris City Academy are seeking a Receptionist/Administration Apprentice to work within their high performing Academy. This is an ideal position if you’re considering an education related career or looking for possible progression.
Harris City Academy, Crystal Palace is a mixed Academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18, with a large sixth form of over 350 students. The Academy has been given the highesting grading of ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted for the last 3 inspections. They are a consistently high performing school with 94% of their students achieving a 4+ in English and 86% in maths in 2019.
Their motto, ‘All Can Achieve’ encapsulates their vision that all members of the Academy community are supported and encouraged to achieve their absolute potential. They’ve recently been designated as a ‘Teaching School Hub’ and are now able to offer all staff an extensive programme of first class professional development. Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is part of the Harris Federation and this enables them to offer you a comprehensive induction programme and training and development opportunities to support your career development.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. If your application is successful, you’ll be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure by the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Services).
Your responsibilities as a Business Administrator
- Provide a friendly, well presented and professional from of Academy, ensuring all reception processes are in line with the image presented.
- Deal with all enquiries from visitors in respect of Academy events, admissions and enrolment procedures and refer them to the appropriate member of staff when necessary.
- Maintain appropriate records of incoming callers and outgoing staff from the Academy.
- Sign for deliveries and inform the appropriate recipient to arrange collection of goods.
- Receive company representatives, Governors, interview applicants etc. and contact relevant member of staff and direct visitors to waiting area.
- Supervise 2 student receptionists.
- Keep the reception area neat, tidy, leaflets full stocked and monitor cleanliness standards.
- Daily use of the School Information Management system Bromcom.
- Provide general administrative support for the Academy and various departments as directed.
- Assist in the unmarked registers process including sending emails to staff.
- Assist with distribution of internal and external post.
- Assist in the development of appropriate resources.
- Provide administrative support for the Awards Evenings and other Academy events.
- Attend all appropriate meetings.
- invigilate examinations and support with examination admin as directed.
- Under the direction of the Academy Leadership Group, undertake such other tasks that may be required to further the efficient running of the Academy, commensurate with the level of the post holder.
- Take part in the Academy’s staff development programme by participating in arrangements for further training and professional development.
- Work as a member of a designated team and to contribute positively to effective working relations within the Academy.
- Assist in student filing duties.
- Continue personal development as agreed at appraisal.
- Engage actively in the performance review process.
- Play a full part in the life of the Academy’s community, to support its distinctive aim and ethos and to encourage staff and students to follow this example.
- Actively promote the Academy’s corporate policies.
- Comply with the Academy’s Health and Safety policy and undertake risk assessments as appropriate.
- Attend out of hours event as required by the Academy such as induction evenings.
- Show a record of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Adhere to the Academy’s Dress Code.
So how does the apprenticeship work?
At Tiro we’re obsessed with changing lives through education so we can’t wait to have you on board.
Over 18 months, you’ll devote 20% of your working hours towards a Level 3 Business Admin apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Harris City Academy, who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning £4.30 per hour while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Tiro and Harris City Academy’s ultimate goal is to transform you into a fully competentBusiness Admin Apprentice, ideally open to accepting a full-time, permanent position within the Harris City Academy team. As well as this, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship where available.
- Age restriction – 18+
- Confident in MS Windows and Office software
- Experience of school based management system
- Experience of working in a receptionist/administration role
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a school
- C Grade, or equivalent, in English and Maths GCSE
Skills and characteristics:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work using own initiative and unsupervised
- An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
- Flexibility of approach to work
- Good keyboard, literacy and numeracy skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, having tact and diplomacy where necessary
- A commitment to maintain high standards
- Ability to relate to young people and parents
- Empathy with the aims and objectives of the Harris Federation
- Ability to learn rapidly and process information
What? Business Administration Apprenticeship
Where? Crystal Palace, London
When? Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
How much? £4.30 per hour
How long? Fixed period of 18 months with the opportunity to stay on permanently
How to apply
Hit ‘apply now’ below and choose the role you want from the drop-down menu.
You’ll need to let us know some information about you and attach your CV if you have one. It should only take around 5 minutes.