G&H Technical Services Ltd, Sittingbourne – Business Administrator (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week.
Where? Sittingbourne, ME10 3BG
For how long? 15 months
How much? You’ll earn £13,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Business Administrator.
You’ll join G&H Technical Services Ltd as an apprentice Business Administrator for a fixed period of 15 months.
The Admin Support apprentice will work with the existing Admin Team to support testing, reporting, record-keeping and compliance in a UKAS-registered testing environment. Additionally, the Admin Support Apprentice will carry out normal admin roles within a small but busy company.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
The main role of the Admin Support will be to support the Main Office with all administration.
- Data Input of all Site Technicians Paperwork to generate an accurate for QC sign off
- Answer all incoming calls and direct to correct members of staff
- Ensure all Client Reports are issued within Company standards
- Maintain Vehicle Fleet Records
- Manage Vehicle Road Tax reminders / Congestion Charges and PCN’s
- Filling & Archiving
- Ordering stationary for Main Office on a weekly basis
- Assisting the Quality Manger & Contracts Manager with light Administrative duties as required
- To ensure Company meets / exceeds it service standards for its clients
- All reports meet Company QC before being sent to Clients
- Submit to Client to meet Client requirements
- Co-ordinate Client enquiries to relevant department
- Ensure smooth receipt of Timesheets for MD
- Ensure Company has a clear knowledge of its Fleet of vehicles
- Ensure Company Fleet are taxed and insured
- Ensure all Company Filing completed to maintain an efficient and tidy office
- Ensure Company has sufficient supply of required Stationary to support the business on a day-to-day basis
Who we’re looking for:
- Problem Solving – Considers problems from all perspectives and provides a suitable solution. Proposes options for solutions to presented problems. Builds on the ideas of others to encourage creative problem solving. Actively supports new initiatives and tries different ways of doing things
- Decision making – Distinguishes between critical and irrelevant pieces of information to reach a satisfactory conclusion. Breaks down issues, seeking further information if necessary. Actively supports new initiatives and tries different ways of doing things. Makes decisions without unnecessarily referring to others
- Teamwork and Leadership – Identifies opportunities for team working to minimise duplication and deliver shared goals. Supports others by assisting or taking the lead to deal with problems or processes
- Influencing- Persuades others by using evidence-based knowledge or concrete examples to make a point. Assesses the listener and plans an individual approach to discussion
- Motivating and engaging – Delivers a timely and accurate service. Understands the differing needs of all stakeholders and adapts own behaviour accordingly. Uses feedback from a variety of sources to improve any service level agreements
- Developing self and others – Shares knowledge with peers and less experienced colleagues. Recognises own knowledge gaps and identifies learning needs
- Communication – Communicates openly with internal and external stakeholders. Clearly articulates the key points of any discussion, both in verbal and written communication
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent literacy and IT skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Willingness to learn and to be flexible
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- 3 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with G&H Techincal Services Ltd . If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship where available.