Christeyns Ltd., Bradford – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £18,500.00 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Laboratory Technician.
You’ll join Oscrete Construction Products as an apprentice Concrete Laboratory Technician in this physically demanding role for a fixed period of 21 months.
Oscrete Construction Products (part of the Christeyns group of companies) has a reputation for providing innovation, experience and first-class partnering to the precast concrete, ready-mix and the ready-to-use mortar industries. The Oscrete Concrete division manufactures a range of high performance super-plasticising admixtures, waterproofing agents and efflorescence controllers which consistently deliver high value technical solutions to clients across the concrete industry. Oscrete Construction Products provides product quality excellence which is supported by highly trained technical staff enabling our customers to innovate and continually develop their products to add value to their business’.
You’ll devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
- Follow the Tiro Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship programme, a nationally recognised work-based training programme that equips new and existing staff with industry demanded knowledge, skills, and behaviours
- The accurate testing of existing and new Oscrete admixtures and other products as necessary.
- Adherence to Christeyns’ procedures, British Standards and European Standards as required.
- To be familiar with relevant British and European Standards for testing admixture requirements and end use product requirements where necessary.
- To present results of all tests accurately in a neat, understandable and professional manner.
- Results to be documented and discussed with the Oscrete Laboratory Manager within 5 days of test completion.
- Record all results in laboratory work book and retained.
- To take and record customer technical enquiries as required for all concrete products.
- To assist in resolving any customer problems by site visits, site trials and laboratory trials as required.
- To be familiar with all our concrete products, their properties and performance and the applications in which our products are used.
- To ensure the concrete laboratory meets the requirements of ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- To maintain an efficient filing system for all records.
- To comply with Company policy regarding expenses, purchases, notification of holidays and reporting of absence due to illness or otherwise
- Where a Company vehicle is used, to maintain this in a clean roadworthy condition meeting all legal requirements, and to hold a current full driving licence.
- To maintain the concrete laboratory, store and all equipment in clean, safe and tidy condition.
- To operate all equipment in a safe manner, wearing protective clothing when necessary.
- To ensure all required equipment calibrations are up-to-date and maintain records.
- To be responsible for the security of the concrete laboratory.
- To maintain stocks of materials for use in testing.
- To adhere at all times to the Company Health & Safety Policy and instructions.
- Any other tasks as required by the Oscrete Laboratory Manager.
Who we’re looking for:
- Ability to work on own
- Microsoft office
- Strive to be an active/accountable team member and display passion for the team and its capabilities.
- Drive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
- Work towards the Christeyns Way values and beliefs. Demonstrate a positive approach towards change.
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and develop self.
- A good time manager, highly organised and able to multi-task with the ability to prioritise and achieve deadlines.
- Driving licence for travel to collect samples from other sites
- English & Maths
- Science (chemistry) would be nice but not a game changer
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Christeyns (Oscrete). If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship where available.