Virtual Post Production, Brighton – Infrastructure Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week
For how long? 15 months
How much? You’ll earn £22,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Infrastructure Technician.
You’ll join Virtual Post Production as an apprentice Infrastructure Technician for a fixed period of 15 months.
At Virtual Post we love working with pictures and sound. As our name suggests, we are a cloud post production company that partners with clients to create amazing content.
We are a friendly and technically savvy bunch. We cover everything you could possibly want from a post production partner, whether we look after you remotely at your home or ours.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a desire to develop themselves in the field of IT support, with a post production facility based in the heart of Brighton. The successful candidates will develop on-the-job skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide technical support across staff and clients alike.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
Typical duties of the role will include the following, with full support, supervision and training along the way.
- Assisting personnel and clients by diagnosing, reporting and resolving IT issues within both remote and local environments
- Documenting and tracking software installations and licenses across the business
- Updating documentation on systems and IT processes as directed by IT Systems Administrator.
- Reporting on and remediating issues with infrastructure backups alongside other IT personnel
- Creating, managing and removing user accounts as advised by R&S Manager
- Attending and assisting on onboarding sessions with clients as advised by R&S Manager
- General admin across the business including but not limited to:
- Attend company meetings / Send invites
- Take minutes of all meetings when in attendance
- Updating asset inventories
- Creating and updating project tracking documents
- Assist CEO/IT/HoO as required/requested
Who we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of and or interest in Microsoft Office 365/Google Workplace administration
- A demonstrable interest in IT
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A desire to learn and take ownership of certain IT tasks
- General knowledge of IT hardware
- Microsoft Office/Google Docs experience
- Be a dynamic individual, with a strong commitment to learning and development
- Be self-motivated, dependable, trustworthy, with a “can do” attitude and the desire to be the best
- Be able to take instruction and directions and reliably perform the tasks that are required of you, whilst always seeking to improve the work you do and the way that you do it
- Be flexible, adaptable and capable of handling the various pressures and demands associated with this highly customer focused IT support role
- Be a confident communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
Prospect of employment and promotion in a growing business upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Things to consider
Please note, candidates living within a 1 hour commute radius of the vacancy location will be prioritised