Stepnell Ltd, Rugby – Infrastructure Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
Apply by: 16th July 2021
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday – 37 hours per week
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £10,582 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Infrastructure Technician.
You’ll join Stepnell Ltd as an apprentice Infrastructure Technician for a fixed period of 21 months.
Stepnell is a complete construction partner with proven end-to-end project lifecycle expertise. We serve a broad spectrum of private and public sector clients, ensuring they realise their vision by providing a more holistic approach to project design, build, management and delivery. We are an established, mature business with the resources and infrastructure to deliver larger, more challenging projects with a value up to £30 million.
The Systems Analyst will provide 1st and 2nd line support for all IT systems. The Systems Analyst will use IT-related systems to help design new solutions, modify, enhance, or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements. The Systems Analyst will work with the rest of the IT team to visit sites and engage with all colleagues to understand their requirements and future needs.
You’ll have the support of a mentor, a colleague whose job it is to keep an eye on your training and development in the role.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
Your anticipated responsibilities will be:
- The Systems Analyst will provide an excellent service to the regional teams.
- They will also work with the Regional Directors to help upskill their teams with IT training.
- This will be done by embedding themselves within teams to truly understand their current and future capabilities. Much of this understanding and improvement will come from being within the regional construction teams but will also come through formal forums, weekly site visits and formal meetings with regional leaders. These Regional leadership forums should be at least quarterly.
- Provide new starter IT training to ensure immediate operational efficiency
- The Systems Analyst will work with Regional teams to see how ways of working can be simplified or made more efficient through IT enhancement or implementation.
- Carries out weekly touchpoint meetings to capture how the IT Support Service can continuously improve.
Who we’re looking for:
- An ability to assess each colleague’s IT knowledge levels
- Logical thinker
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
- An in-depth understanding of the software and equipment that our colleagues are using
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good accurate records keeping
- A drive for continuous improvement
- Relationship builder with staff at all levels
- Deliver excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Update the IT knowledge base so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves
- Encourages feedback from Regional Teams
- Look for ways of improving business efficiency and productivity
- Analysing call logs so common trends and underlying problems can be spotted
- Actively encourages, is receptive to and recognises ideas and suggestions for improvements
- Manages own self-development
Can Do Approach
- Thinks creatively around problems; tries a range of solutions until one is successful
- Almost always delivers desired results and often exceeds
- Leads and develops all staff not just those under their immediate management
- Understands individuals’ abilities and gives them opportunities to enhance and develop within controlled boundaries
- Treats all people with dignity and respect
- Maintains high standards of ethical behaviour, building and maintaining trusting relationships with team members, peers and superiors
- Min. 3 A*-C grade at GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths, English
- Candidates must have a driving licence
At Stepnell Head Office you will be working as part of a supportive and dynamic team. In addition, Stepnell will look to provide excellent professional development opportunities to suit your skills and career goals.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Stepnell Ltd. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship.