Perry Testing, Rickmansworth – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £18,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Materials Technician.
You’ll join Perry Testing as an apprentice Laboratory Technician for a fixed period of 21 months.
This is a unique opportunity to develop a career within the construction sector, offering you the chance to develop skills and specialisms that are highly sought.
Within this role you will develop as a materials technician, learning how to perform and document a wide range of tests and benefit from the experience of our senior engineers.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
Through training and development provided you will work towards excellence in the following areas:
- Visit customer sites across the UK, completing site visit sheets on a daily basis
- Conduct a variety of test procedures (on site) using cutting-edge techniques and technology
- Compile and analyse test results
- Present results to clients
- Maintain equipment calibrations
- Responsible for maintaining training records
- Perform sampling of materials for laboratory testing (aggregates)
Who we’re looking for:
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good with numbers and calculations.
- Technically minded.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ideally, candidates would have some prior experience in construction, but this is not a requirement.
- Good candidates will have experience in a customer-facing setting.
- Good candidates will need to be keen to learn, loyal, and happy to travel for work.
- You’ll need to be proactive, flexible, and adaptive.
- You’ll need to be happy being autonomous and able to think on your feet.
- You’ll need to be resilient and self-confident.
- Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and Science
- Driving license
- It’s desirable that the applicant will have a proven track record of starting and finishing a training course/College.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Perry Testing. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship where available.
Perry Testing are a small company, but we are growing fast. There is areal opportunity for progression in the company, including becoming an Engineer, Senior Engineer, Reporting Manager, and much more. This will be dependent on you and your interests, alongside what the company needs.
Things to consider
- All testing activities will be performed on client sites. The role requires a lot of travel, mobility, and independent work. There is also potential requirement for the odd overnight stay.
- Chance of optional overtime on evenings and weekends, will be paid time & a half or double time on weekends.
- Please note, candidates living within a 1 hour commute radius of the vacancy location will be prioritised