Open GI, Winchester – Business Administrator (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
Apply by: 16th July 2021
When? Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
For how long? 15 months
How much? You’ll earn £12,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Business Administrator .
You’ll join Open GI as an apprentice Business Administrator for a fixed period of 15 months.
Open GI is a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry. Based across the UK and Europe, our support and development services make us a truly diverse organisation that offers a range of IT solutions to insurance brokers, insurers and managing general agents.
The Programme Administrator Apprentice will play a key role within Open GI’s team to enable the effective running of a large programme of work by providing administrative support for areas relating to people, reporting, onboarding, access management and communications to ensure quality, accuracy and the ongoing smooth running of the function.
You’ll have the support of a mentor, a colleague whose job it is to keep an eye on your training and development in the role.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
Key responsibilities –
- Work alongside wider colleagues in supporting people on-boarding, welcoming new joiners to the Programme, setting up on-boarding sessions and helping them to settle in.
- Arranging access to relevant systems for new starters, tracking IT help-desk tickets and requesting any licenses required.
- Managing a variety of IT systems to enable workflows and trigger processes to support team members.
- Creating users on systems and allocating systems access to users.
- Work closely with the Programme team to support Agile competency surveys and reporting.
- Responsible for general office administration duties e.g. management of Microsoft Teams spaces.
- Ensuring data held in systems is accurate and taking part in data cleansing activities.
- Provide a regular reporting function to Programme Leadership.
- Own calendars / people trackers, providing the programme with a clear view of vacancies, leave and where there may be risk.
- Interact with other teams as necessary to ensure that quality and service levels are achieved within the programme, and to identify areas for development and process improvement to feed back to the Programme Leadership.
- Involvement in ad hoc project work as appropriate.
- Planning, organising, and administering team functions, such as showcases and all-hands.
- Filing and sharing recordings and decks in Teams and SharePoint.
- Maintaining of and updates to Team SharePoint site, communicating news and relevant information to the wider business.
- Facilitate reporting and governance packs.
Who we’re looking for:
- Prior office experience would be of benefit, but not essential, if the candidate has history of using MS office (in particular Excel and PowerPoint), and can demonstrate strong attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (written, telephone/video conference and face to face)
- Numerate and good analytical skills
- Methodical and organised
- Able to prioritise several tasks
- Good organisational skills – thorough and accurate
Our mission is to be both the Technology Partner and Employer of choice for the UK General Insurance Market. Our values are central to this vision, as they represent how we collaborate how we work together in synergy and continually deliver for our customers:
- Accountability: We take personal pride in finding solutions and achieving results
- Innovation: We lead the market by being proactive, product-led and forward thinking
- Teamwork: We work collaboratively, recognising and celebrating success
- Trust: We build trust on integrity, transparency and respect
We are looking for an individual who embraces our values in their actions, decisions, communications and processes to inspire positivity and, ultimately, exceptional performance.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, must include Maths and English
- What next?
The intention for this position is to become permanent after the completion of the apprenticeship. The role can open up opportunities for the right individual to be promoted within the Programme of Work they will be supporting as this is currently expanding. It can also open opportunities for exposure to other departments within the business.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Open GI. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship.