Ingenio Technologies , – Infrastructure Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
Apply by: 1st August 2021
When? Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
For how long? 15 months
How much? You’ll earn £7 per hour (negotiable according to experience), plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Infrastructure Technician.
You’ll join Ingenio Technologies as an apprentice Infrastructure Technician for a fixed period of 15 months.
The number one goal of everyone in our team is to make our Clients exceptionally happy. As an apprentice IT Professional, you play an important role in making sure that happens. Reporting to the service manager, you will learn how to setup computers, diagnose Windows issues, become an Office 365 administrator and remotely fix IT problems. You’ll also learn networking, how to use cloud services and much more so you can become a 1st line technician.
About the company
Ingenio Technologies has been providing Managed IT support, Cyber Security and communications in the South East since 2005 and have grown steadily over that time. We have a family culture, enjoy a bit of banter and love our work – no two days are the same. All colleagues enjoy paid for training, the odd seasonal gift and during lockdown we remotely played prize bingo!
You’ll have the support of a mentor, a colleague whose job it is to keep an eye on your training and development in the role.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Setup Dell computers from scratch ready for the clients to use
- Maintaining computer networks, printers and systems for multiple businesses
- Provide helpdesk support to customers via phone, email, phone and in person
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues across software, hardware, telecommunications systems
- Follow up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues.
- Working on scheduled incident tickets
- Accurately creating and updating tickets
- Accurately following, creating and updating IT documentation
- Working within SLAs (Service Level Agreements) on an ITIL aligned helpdesk
- Software installations and administration
- Troubleshooting backups
- 40 hrs per week, between 8:00am to 6:00pm
Who we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of and or interest in Microsoft Office 365
- A demonstrable interest in IT
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A desire to learn and take ownership of certain IT Tasks.
- General knowledge of IT hardware/peripherals
- Naturally interested in Technology and be a tech enthusiast
- Friendly, calm people skills, founded in being a good listener
- A love of (and ability to) Solve Problems & Challenges
- An Excellent timekeeper
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Ingenio Technologies. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship.