Carden IT, Brighton (2nd cohort 2021) – Infrastructure Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
When? Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week. Carden IT provides its employees the option of working a 4 day work-week . Apprentices may opt for this too, but the company reserves the right to remove this privilege for whatever reason they deem fit.
Where? Brighton, East Sussex
For how long? 15 months
How much? You’ll earn £12,675 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Materials Technician.
You’ll join Carden IT as an Infrastructure Technician for a fixed period of 15 months.
The purpose of the Apprenticeship is to develop an Apprentice in the role of 1st Line Support
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
Duties to include (working on/with):
- Microsoft Operating Systems (desktop and server)
- Office 365
- VMware Esxi/VCentre Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- DNS, DHCP etc.
- VPNs, Router and Firewalls
- Networking – WAN, LAN, Security, SSL, IP Routing, Switching
- Anti-Virus platforms such as Trend Micro
- Backup solutions (Windows Backup, Acronis, Veeam)
For which full training will be provided.
Who we’re looking for:
The successful applicant will require skills in the following areas:
Ability to solve problems under pressure, prioritising effectively.
Ability to escalate when required in a timely manner.
Strong customer service skills.
Excellent telephone manner is essential and although you will not be customer facing you must be smart and presentable.
Excellent time keeping
Excellent attention to detail
- Any qualifications related to Technical Support.
- The preferred candidate will have achieved a Grade C/4 or equivalent or higher in GCSE English and maths, or an equivalent such as Functional Skills Level 2. In some cases, consideration may be given to candidates who lacks these qualifications though has considerable experience in a relevant sector; however this is at the discretion of the employer.
- The chance to progress within our company and be a permanent part of our Support Team
- The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship provides individuals with an excellent knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas.
Things to consider
- Are you able to get to work for the required start time?
- Can you support yourself for the duration of the apprenticeship?
- Do you have an interest in IT system support?