Aspire Laboratories, Dagenham – Laboratory Technician (Level 3)
Your next step towards your dream career…
Apply by: 8th August
When? Monday – Thursday, 32 hours per week
For how long? 21 months
How much? You’ll earn £12,000 a year, plus you will receive all the training and support you need to become a qualified Level 3 Laboratory Technician.
You’ll join Aspire Laboratories as an apprentice Laboratory Technician for a fixed period of 21 months.
Aspire Laboratories is a contract analytical and micro testing house established in 2018. We offer a range of services ranging from QC testing of raw materials, finished products and cosmetics, to method development and validation.
In your role you’ll be involved with the testing of pharmaceutical, herbal and veterinary products for both chemistry and microbiology with training provided where required. You’ll have the support of a mentor, a colleague whose job it is to keep an eye on your training and development in the role.
You will benefit from exceptional training and development opportunities. Prospect of full-time employment after the successful completion of the apprenticeship. Prospects of becoming a QC analyst over time and post completion of apprenticeship.
You’ll also devote about 20% of your time to working towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro, who will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your apprenticeship.
- Support lab with reagent preparation
- Use of Laboratory Information Management Software (LIMS) to log in samples
- Promote safety within the laboratory areas, leading by example and ensuring correct signage and maintaining COSHH documentation for safe operations within the lab.
- Ensure efficient and timely operations, meeting internal commitments and minimizing any down time or delays.
- To uphold company procedures in regard to GMP and comply with UK pharmaceutical regulations at all times.
- Logging in all consumables as per SOP
- Responsible to checking stock levels, disposing of expired reagents and consumables and re-ordering
- Managing Waste disposal
- Review and upkeep of lab cleaning logs
- Cleaning of equipment such as dissolution baths, sonicators and water baths for analytical lab
- Cleaning of incubators, fridges and freezers in the micro lab as well as the micro lab itself, as per SOPs
- Glassware washing up
Who we’re looking for:
- Deadline driven
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate (Word and Excel)
- Good time management and organisaiton skills
- Good problem-solver
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organised
- Hard working
- Strong work ethic
- Can-do attitude
- Able to deal well with pressure and deadlines
- 5 GCSEs ‘Grade C and above’ which must include at least double Science, Maths and English
Things to consider:
Must be over 18 years of age. Please note, candidates living within a 1-hour commute radius of the vacancy location will be prioritised
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you may be offered a more permanent job with Aspire Laboratories. If not, your qualification will open doors elsewhere in a related field. Or you might decide to move on to a higher-level apprenticeship.