With an impressive portfolio of projects, a track record in delivering clients’ objectives, and a team of specialists tailored to resource both large- and small-scale projects, Southdowns’ reputation is built upon the simple principles of expertise, client focus, delivery, quality and added value.
If you are looking for a career as an Environmental Laboratory Technician, working with experts in this field is the perfect place to start!
Southdowns Environmental Consultants offer a friendly, flexible working environment, and are committed to continuous personal and professional development.
Your key duties will include:
• Conducting and assisting with outdoor site work such as attending various high-profile construction and demolition sites.
• Downloading data from remote monitors, data processing, report writing and analysis.
• Providing general support to the in-house Equipment and Data Management Team of consultants and other senior members of staff.
• Installation, maintenance, servicing and decommissioning of monitoring equipment and equipment rooms.
• Assisting with office and administrative activities to maintain records of the sites and equipment
• Installing and swapping out monitors, conducting troubleshoot issues and conducting maintenance and testing on noise, vibration, and air quality monitoring equipment.
Skills and characteristics
• Good problem-solving and practical skills
• Ability to work outdoors throughout the year
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable, and punctual
• Self-motivated, organised with a strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Interest in technology and how things work
• Desire to consistently improve and develop
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
So how does the apprenticeship work?
Over 21 months, you’ll devote 20% of your working time towards a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. You’ll be trained by an expert tutor from Tiro as well as an experienced mentor at Southdowns Environmental Consultant, who together, will make sure you develop the knowledge, skills, and work habits you’ll need to succeed in your career. The best part? You’ll be earning while you learn.
Being an apprentice is hands-on, so you’ll get the chance to learn things you might otherwise not have experienced in a university or college environment.
Tiro and Southdowns Environmental Consultant’s goal is to transform you into a fully competent technician, ideally open to accepting a full-time, permanent position within the team.
Not ready to apply yet?